YTA Board Meetings
- Yavapai Title building, 1235 E. Gurley (Sheldon and Gurley), 3 p.m.
- First Thursday each month. Meeting dates may change with holidays.
Next or Sample YTA Agenda
The next Yavapai Trails meeting will be the first Thursday of September @3 PM - Thursday 9/6 at Yavapai Title.
There will not be an August YTA meeting due to the Friday August 10 Arizona Community Foundation awards ceremony luncheon. Cathy Schultz won the special grants 'Shining Star' recognition as a result of her ACF application for the Chino Valley and eventual Sun Corridor trails connection.
Yavapai Title Building, 1235 E. Gurley
- Treasurers report (Jim Pessin). Judie funded 2 AED’s for Over the Hill Gang via donations
- Signage standardization update
- Grants - Discuss 2017 status and new 2018 applications
- The Arizona Community Association awards ceremony – 11:30 Friday August 10 Prescott Resort. Cathy’s grant application for the Chino Valley connection won a special award.
- Trails Construction Projects
o Dells 160 acres recent Open Space purchase (About 2 miles remain to build) Ordered 2 benches to install with plaques recognizing OSA and Over the Hill Gang. Courier article https://www.dcourier.com/news/2018/mar/29/trail-month-easter-island/
o Mall to Circle Trail requires State Land easement (Mall recently sold to NY buyer)
o Glassford Hill Prescott/PV connections. Application in process. Awarded by AZ State Parks construction grant for 81K (Joint State Land application w/PV)
o Pioneer Park – TBD – details for additional venue/event miles north of Pioneer Parkway
o To Chino from Peavine Trestle east along Granite Creek. Routing established. N. Peavine parking area has pay kiosk and now City vs County parcel Peavine 89A culvert electric not replaced yet. Willow Lake/Embry Riddle box culvert lighting also no longer activated.
o PV – TBD single track within Fain Park. Routings planned E. park plus Stoneridge.
o VA/YC new trails and connections. Closed grant. Purchased culverts and gates.
o Emmanuel Pines/Iron Springs – 2 years 28-30 miles. Construction underway over 80%
o Storm Ranch off PLP roundabout. Final Plat approved by Council with trail intentions. Chris defining routing, parking, and connectivity. Modifications being made to reduce infrastructure.
o Deep Well Ranch, The Dells, AZ ECO, etc. open space/trails strategies and processes. Antelope Crossing renamed to Saddlewood at Deep Well Ranch.
o Constellation trail parking and access – New parking lot open, work continues. Road east of Phippen to be extended later this year and will accommodate trail to Peavine from Constellation
o City Trails web now has on-line form to report trail problems for repair
- Planning – Gary Worob. Sun Corridor Trail, other community’s connectivity strategies.
Adjourn. Next Meeting 3 PM Thursday September 6, 2018 Yavapai Title