YTA Board Meetings
- Yavapai Title building, 1235 E. Gurley (Sheldon and Gurley), 3 p.m.
- First Thursday each month. Meeting dates may change with holidays.
Next or Sample YTA Agenda
3:00PM, Thursday, July 5, 2018
Yavapai Title Building, 1235 E. Gurley
- Treasurers report (Jim Pessin). Judie funded 2 AED’s for Over the Hill Gang via donations
- Website and Facebook status report – Steve Finucane and Judie Hale
- Grants - Discuss 2017 status and new 2018 applications
- Trail Signage standards update. Chris and Jason met with Morgan Sign.
- Trails Construction Projects
- Dells 160 acres recent Open Space purchase (About 2 miles remain to build) Ordered 2 benches to install with plaques recognizing OSA and Over the Hill Gang. Courier article https://www.dcourier.com/news/2018/mar/29/trail-month-easter-island/
- Mall to Circle Trail requires State Land easement (Mall recently sold to NY buyer)
- Glassford Hill Prescott/PV connections. Application in process. Awarded by AZ State Parks construction grant for 81K (Joint State Land application w/PV)
- Pioneer Park – TBD – details for additional venue/event miles north of Pioneer Parkway
- To Chino from Peavine Trestle east along Granite Creek. Routing established. N. Peavine parking area has pay kiosk and now City vs County parcel Peavine 89A culvert electric not replaced yet. Willow Lake/Embry Riddle box culvert lighting also no longer activated.
- PV – TBD single track within Fain Park. Routings planned E. park plus Stoneridge.
- VA/YC new trails and connections. Closed grant. Purchased culverts and gates.
- Emmanuel Pines/Iron Springs – 2 years 28-30 miles. Construction underway over 80%
- Storm Ranch off PLP roundabout. Final Plat approved by Council with trail intentions. Chris defining routing, parking, and connectivity. Modifications being made to reduce infrastructure.
- Deep Well Ranch, The Dells, AZ ECO, etc. open space/trails strategies and processes. Antelope Crossing renamed to Saddlewood at Deep Well Ranch.
- Constellation trail parking and access – New parking lot open, work continues. Road east of Phippen to be extended later this year and will accommodate trail to Peavine from Constellation
- City Trails web now has on-line form to report trail problems for repair
- Planning – Gary Worob. Sun Corridor Trail, other community’s connectivity strategies.
- Newsletter – Is completed and on City website. Discuss further distribution.
- Upcoming Events – Sun Corridor Trail Meeting in Flagstaff, Friday June 8, Frontiers Day Parade – YTA/Over the Hill Gang Saturday June 30.
Adjourn. Next Meeting 3 PM Thursday July 5, 2018 Yavapai Title
The spring 2018 Yavapai Trails Association newsletter is on the City website at PrescottTrails.com and Yavapai-Trails.org. Also on the new City Website in the Trails section is a selection where a trail maintenance problem can be reported. These notifications will route the message to the responsible jurisdiction, regardless of the location.
Sun Corridor Trail Meeting, 1PM Friday, June 8, Fort Tuttle Flagstaff
Frontier Days Rodeo Parade, Saturday AM, June 30, 2018 - Assemble by Murphy's on N Cortez
Over the Hill Gang and City volunteer picnic at Goldwater Lake - 11AM, Wednesday, July 25 upper ramada.